Friday, June 15, 2012

Recipe: Sprouting Quinoa

I love to sprout things in my kitchen.  One thing that I was new to was quinoa.  Turns out it was the easiest one I've ever sprouted!  Delicious and nutritious too.  Try your hand at sprouting, it's super fun!

Instructions for sprouting quinoa:
Place 2/3 c. quinoa in a tight mesh strainer.
Rinse quinoa to remove any dust or debris on the seed.
Transfer rinsed seed to a bowl and cover with water.
Soak for 30 minutes.
Drain and rinse the seed, then let sit for 8 to 12 hours. I use a tight mesh strainer over another bowl to catch any dripping. I also cover with damp paper towel because it is so hot where we live. 
Rinse the seed every 8 to 12 hours thereafter.
If you rinse every 8 hours the sprouts should be ready by the 3rd rinse.  (24 hours)  Taste at every rinse to see how you prefer them. You could consume them on the first rinse if you liked the taste.
You can store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.

See www.sproutpeople.org for much more detailed instructions.

Happy Sprouting :)
-Shelly <3


Watch the YouTube Video here.



No comments:

Post a Comment