Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Recipe: Squash Spaghetti

Pasta was one of my biggest obsessions before becoming vegan. I thought that I could eat and eat and eat it all.  Boy was I wrong. It left me feeling bloated and in a massive food coma. Spaghetti was one of my favorites. I love the rich tomato and basil flavoring. 
This recipe will surely hit those tastes buds.

Enjoy!
-Britnee <3

Ingredients:

2-3 zucchini squash
1 chopped tomato (remove seeds)
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
1/2 red bell pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp fresh basil or 1 tsp dried
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp crushed garlic
1/4 tsp salt
dash of pepper

To make your noodles you can peel the zucchini into thin strips or use a slicer. Make your noodles and set aside in a large bowl. Take remaining ingredients and add into VitaMix or food processor and blend. Have a little extra water handy in case you need to add it for consistency. Mix the marinara with your noodles and serve. Garnish with fresh basil if desired. 

Enjoy!
-Britnee

Watch the YouTube video here.








No comments:

Post a Comment